Tikun Ormus - Benefits of Magnesium
Our Tikun Ormus is Magnesium Enhanced which means that there is more Magnesium by volume than most other minerals.
Magnesium is extremely important for your health because it is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body.
Magnesium is the fourth most prevalent mineral in the body and is partially responsible for countless aspects good, sound health.
Some researchers say that up to 99% of our body's total magnesium is stored in our bones, body tissues and organs leaving only approx 1% found in the blood.
Which is why it is so hard to get accurate magnesium levels when you have your blood analyzed.
Only 1% of magnesium is available in blood, although the human body is very good at regulating a constant level of magnesium in the blood.
Magnesium is needed to keep muscle and nerve functions normal and to keep the heart beating rhythmically. It also helps to support a healthy immune system, and keeps bones strong.
Magnesium is important in terms of regulating blood sugar levels, thereby promoting normal blood pressure. Magnesium also supports energy metabolism and protein synthesis.
Magnesium has a positive effect on the treatment of disorders such as cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and diabetes.
Dietary magnesium is absorbed in the small intestines and is excreted through the kidneys.
Health benefits of magnesium include the maintenance of bodily nerves, muscles and bones.
It also helps in protein synthesis and cellular metabolism.
Magnesium is vital for sustaining a normal heart beat and is used by doctors to treat irregularities in heart rhythm.
Other health benefits of magnesium are its positive impact on reducing osteoporosis, eclamptic seizures, and maintenance of sugar level, as well as its positive effects on asthma, diabetes, constipation, back pain and various psychiatric disorders.
Medical and health specialists often highlight the importance of including adequate vitamin and mineral intake to our daily diet.
Magnesium is one of those essential minerals that aids the human body in absorbing calcium and plays an important role in the formation and strengthening of teeth and bones.
Please Watch this short video to see just how important Magnesium is.
Benefits of Magnesium:
1. Better sleep - The sleep regulating hormone melatonin is disturbed when Magnesium is deficient. Furthermore, Magnesium brings balance and controls stress hormones. Stress and tension are often reasons why people suffer from insomnia in the first place.
2. Relaxes the nervous system - Serotonin, which relaxes the nervous system and elevates mood, is dependent on Magnesium.
3. Bigger, stronger muscles - Magnesium allows the body to produce more Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF-1), which is a major contributor to the growth and strength of muscles. Furthermore, adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the cell's energy store, and is created with help from Magnesium.
4. Better flexibility - Magnesium loosens tight muscles. Without Magnesium, muscles do not relax properly and cramps occur. Magnesium is important for flexibility, because low Magnesium results in a build up of lactic acid, causing pain and tightness.
5. Bone integrity and strength - Magnesium helps to fix calcium properly. It may blow some people's mind that the calcium supplements they're taking are not only useless, but are actually contributing to osteoporosis. There are actually about eighteen essential nutrients that contribute to bone health; Magnesium is definitely one of the most essential, because it stimulates a particular hormone called calcitonin. And, it also suppresses a hormone called parathyroid that breaks down bone.
6. Remineralizes teeth - Magnesium deficiency causes an unhealthy balance of phosphorus and calcium in saliva, which damages teeth.
7. Alkalizes the body - Magnesium helps return the body's pH balance. Magnesium reduces lactic acid, which is partly responsible for post-exercise pain (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).
8. Hydrates - Magnesium is a necessary electrolyte essential for proper hydration.
9. Helps to relieve constipation - Magnesium can be used to cleanse the bowels of toxins.
10. Enzyme function - Enzymes are protein molecules that stimulate every chemical reaction in the body. Magnesium is required to make hundreds of these enzymes work and assists with thousands of others.
11. Diabetes - Magnesium enhances insulin secretion, which facilitates sugar metabolism. Without Magnesium, glucose is not able to transfer into cells. Glucose and insulin build up in the blood, causing various types of tissue damage, including the nerves in the eyes.
Dosage And Side Effects
The importance of magnesium is still not widespread or "common knowledge", so many people ignore the importance of magnesium consumption in their diet.
Most dietitians recommend 250-350 mg per day of magnesium supplement for adults.
The side effects of magnesium are very rare, but it is important to cover them.
Ingesting too much of any minerals (metal) can be unhealthy.
This especially true IF the minerals are not Chelated.
Tikun Ormus "IS" Chelated.
Too much magnesium often leads to diarrhea, and most of the serious effects of excessive magnesium intake results because magnesium has a laxative quality.
However, if you take magnesium in the form of nutritional supplements, there are fewer chances of such side effects.
People with kidney disease should avoid taking magnesium supplements without talking to a doctor.